An effective administrator is an asset to an organization. He or she is the link between an organization’s various departments and ensures the smooth flow of information from one part to the other.
In the Gambia Armed Forces, maintaining a satisfied work force is a priority that calls for proper management of employee-employer relationship. Thus the Administration Directorate of the Gambia Armed Force has in place effective measures to run the Gambia Armed Forces (GAF) efficiently.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTOR ADMIN AND PERSONNEL
The Admin and Personnel department is responsible for daily information flow, routine clerical and documentation, postings and deployment of soldiers and officers, processing of leaves, discharges and reengagement of soldiers and officers, as well as their welfare.
In short, Admin and Personnel department runs the daily administrative routine of the GAF Defense HQ and the management of soldiers and officers from recruitment to retirement.
The Directorate of Administration and Personnel has been very much involved and efficient in Routine Administrative duties and Human Resource Management of the GAF as indicated by the following achievement.
- Effective flow of information between the Defense Headquarters and the various services.
- Orientation of GAF Clerks on clerical procedures. This has help a lot in the management of information and proper filing of documents according to classification.
- Regulating of postings and appointments.
- The ongoing review of the TACOS for GAF.
- Proper handling of Leaves/Discharged/Dismissed Officers and Soldiers documents.
- Improved welfare of personnel especially the troops on UN Peace Keeping Mission.