Enlistment into the Gambia Armed Forces as a Soldier
A person shall be eligible for enlistment into the Gambia Armed Forces if he/she fulfills all of the following conditions:
- Must be a Gambian.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 25.
- Must be medically fit in accordance with Medical Standards of the Gambia Armed Forces.
- Must attend and pass a Selection Board before recruit training.
- Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Secondary School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent.
- The person must be recommended by the Local Government Authority in the area in which he/she reside (if unemployed) or by his/her employer (if employed).
- Male Recruits must be at least 1.65 meters in height and weight at least 60kg while female must be at least 1.63 meters in height and at least 55kg.
- Tradesmen must hold the appropriate certificates and documents exemplifying their skill.