Direct Short Service Commission
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) shall be opened to professionals who have registered with professional bodies and are licensed to practice in any of the following disciplines:
- Information Technology.
- Religious (Imams and Chaplains).
- Any other profession as shall be decided by the Armed Forces Council.
The Following Conditions Shall Apply For Grant Of DSSC.
- He/She must have registered with relevant professional bodies/association or must have the necessary accreditation to practice such profession.
- He/She must be a Gambia citizen.
- He/She must not be more than 35 years of age.
- He/She must be recommended by his/her employer (if employed) or by a Local Government Authority in an area where he/she resides.
- He/She must be medically fit in accordance with the Gambia Armed Forces standard medical rules.
- He/She must attend and pass the Special Commission Recommendation Board.
- He/She must undergo a basic training at the Gambia Armed Forces Training School.
- He/She must re-engage every 6 years from the date of commission